Every mother should know the correct technique of bathing a baby. Baby bathing time is a special moment for moms and babies. These are the moments you enjoy touching and talking to you little one.
WASHING BABY’S FACE
- With a damp cotton wool wipe the eyes from side to side. Use a clean peace of cotton wool for each eye to avoid cross-infection. Take another piece of clean cotton wool and gently wipe the face.
WASHING BABY’S HEAD
- Have a safe grip on a baby and wet the hair with lukewarm water.
Wash the hair with a baby shampoo and then rinse with water.
- After rinsing the hair, pad dry with a clean towel.
Make sure that the water is neither too hot nor too cold.
WASHING THE BABY’S BODY
- First wipe the baby’s bottom with a wet cottonwool.
- Add few drops of baby oil in the water. Apply baby soap all over the body.
- With a firm grip and safety put the baby in the water making sure that no water enters the baby’s mouth. Take time and let the baby enjoy the water. When taking the baby out of the bath hold the baby safe and firmly.
- Pad dry skin folds like armpits and between the buttocks with a towel.
CLEANING THE BABY’S UMBILICAL CORD
- Gently handle the baby’s cord. Wet the cottonwool bud with a surgical spirit and wipe the cord. Do not apply pressure when wiping the cord.
- Gently apply a moisturizing lotion or aqueous cream over the body. Sprinkle baby powder into your hands away from the baby’s eyes and apply it gently on the skin.
- Then dress your baby warmly and comfortably as you wish.
NB – NEVER EVER LEAVE THE BABY ALONE WHILE BATHING